Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Hiking-

Always my favorite way to spend time, Second is reading. I think that the need for new Data is the strongest request from my brain. How shared is that trait?  My mom once expressed the same relating to the cute little robot from the movie "short circuit" he would say in his robot mimic voice"need Input". Anyway thats what makes me tick, and gets my mind onto something worthwhile to process, so that it can let go of the ridiculous garbage that will stress me out for weeks otherwise.  Its like the biblical warning against an empty mind. My mind is going to endlessly ponder whatever I let it- so I have to make sure and keep it busy with good stuff. We had a Dog growing up- " Poverati", the best dog, he wasn't always 'good' but his INTENTIONS were the most wonderful any creature could show his human family. He would get into sooo much trouble if left alone. He could Climb or go through fences, chain link, wood, didn't really matter. And one time he went right through the wall between our garage and living room. We had to settle on a huge chain tied to the giant tree in the front yard, much to the chagrin of people who happened to try the front door wearing any kind of uniform. He hated those for some reason. He loved McDonalds- dad would take him for rides in the truck and when they went by a mcdonalds dad would buy him a hamburger- Later in life that kind of turned into a bad habit. He realized that the mcdonalds was only 3 blocks from our house and started escaping to go beg. The restaurant staff had our home # and would call to tell us to come pick him up/









 Orchid-  past bloom
 Very cool Anual inflorescence of the Saprophytic; pterospora adromaedaes, Biggest I've seen at 4'
 Cornus Canadensis with a few last blooms
 View of Mt Hood
Long story short, I need something good to occupy my mind, or just like Pov, I'll get in trouble! So the Hiking, History, And Plant Taxonomy. I took some pics on my last hike- it was a short but great run up the north side of Hood from the end of LOLO up hood on the PCT to the snowline, and then down in the dark. hope you like the pics!

2 comments:

  1. Pavi was the best dog! And you have described him so well :)
    What a great post. You have realized what helps keep you (relatively) sane, and able to keep going. And you use a popular film from the 80's, the Bible, and your Mom as references, and well as a treasured pet as an illustration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ironically I love hiking although we never get to go... great pictures & post!

    ReplyDelete