Monday, September 13, 2010

Cataplexy and Frequency

Hi,   I'm Ben. I have been hanging on the every word from Trish's Sleeping around blog since the little tv show. I have an alarming level of cataplectic activity(non-activity?)Somewhat unlike Matt I seem to have the most disturbance by my symptoms at work rather than at home. I cannot say hey look at this spreadsheet without an infuriating fight to try to speak legibly or the terrible pause while they wait for me to get to the point that i can get it out. I text and email alot. I participate in weekly bible study related activities as a part of my faith,A wonderful loving group of people, but I am having the hardest time with being able to enjoy that. I am so petrified by my need to keep calm and to myself. I can't talk to anybody or it comes on. I just sit there like a lump, maybe I'm too proud/ scared to let people see me like that? You're right Trish, it sucks-    by the way, about the frequency/ resonance from the planes affecting Matt. I have different responses than Matt for sure, but planes, power lines, electric motors, laptop fans, certain movement types within the peripheral field, all have an adverse affect- not the same as an attack, more of a stupor and an increase of attack frequency-  Good napping,    Ben

2 comments:

  1. Hi Ben,
    You are not alone... my hubby loves giving talks in a public forum and is very good at it, but saying comments in front of a large group is extremely difficult for him and he stumbles. Although our friends are supportive, it's still really hard for him to focus at our weekly meetings. This makes him very self-conscious.

    My fave phrase: Hang in there! Because sometimes that's all you can do - pray and hang on tight until your relief comes...

    Thanks for sharing your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,

    Have you ever tried Alertec generic? ? Does it help reduce excessive sleepiness?

    Thanks

    ReplyDelete